Thursday, July 30, 2020

Barak brought me to TEARS today

I don't know if it's the loneliness I'm feeling from staying home so much because of our stay at home orders due to Corona Virus, or maybe because I feel like I want to do more in the Black Lives Matter movement or is it because I miss being with really smart people, but listening to Barak Obama speak today at John Lewis' funeral brought tears to my eyes and they fell down my cheeks. 

I trust him. I trust his words. I trust his ideas. I think he still has so much to give us as a country. MAybe it's the first time he has really spoken with politics since he left the White House. I miss him. I miss the idea of our leader speaking to us to inspire us and to help us be reflective of ourselves.

I'm working on my studio classroom and Scott and I are going to move rooms around so that I can have the bigger room to teach from.  Lots of emotions today.

No comments: